Code of Conduct: Competitive Coach/Manager
- I understand that my role as a Coach is to employ the very best of my efforts and abilities to improve the performance of the players and the team and to make all of my player’s soccer experience as enjoyable and rewarding as possible in a safe environment
- I will remember that children participate to have fun, that this is a recreational program and that the game is for youth, not for adults.
- I will teach my players to play by the rules, and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility.
- I will be a positive role model for my players and will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, referee, coach, player, parent or spectator such as booing and taunting or using profane language or gestures and will encourage good sportsmanship amongst my players by showing respect and courtesy, by demonstrating positive support for all of these participants at every game. I will not smoke, consume alcohol or drugs or engage in abusive language at games or within sight of any of the players.
- I will respect the Referee and his/her authority during games and will never criticize, contradict or interfere with Referees or Coaches at the game field. I will take the time to speak with them privately if I have any concerns or complaints, and if necessary I will report any serious and irreconcilable issues or discipline or harassment to my Convenor or League/Tournament Official without delay.
- I acknowledge that when acting as a Coach, if and when any player on my team receives a “red card”, it is solely my responsibility to immediately advise that player that he/she is suspended from participating in the team’s next regularly-scheduled game (including Finals if applicable) and I will be responsible for assuring that they do not, in fact, participate in that next game.
- I will never be alone and out of sight with a player other than my own child (and thus will also never transport a child other than my own child, alone to a Club activity, but may do so if at least my own child is present as well).
- It is not my personal responsibility to provide snacks or drinks for players other than my own child.
- I will respect and adhere to the Rules and Regulations of the Ontario Soccer Association as well as the rules and regulations of the TSA, the Club and any League or Tournament (House League or other) in which my team is participating.
- I will endeavour to wear a Club coach/manager shirt or jacket at all times at games, when at all feasible.
I have agreed to the Rules & Regulations which are posted on the Club’s website.
I also acknowledge that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned Code, I may be subject to disciplinary action, to be determined by the Club as appropriate.
Please click on the following links to be redirected to the OSA's website for more information on these policies: