Code of Conduct: Player
Obligations toward the Game
A player should:
Obligations towards the Team
A player should:
- Make every effort to develop their own sporting ability, in terms of skill, technique, tactics and stamina.
- Give maximum effort and strive for the best possible performance during a game, even if the team is in a position where the desired result has already been achieved.
- Set a positive example for others, particularly young players and supporters.
- Avoid all forms of gamesmanship and time-wasting.
- Always have regard to the best interests of the game, including where publicly expressing an opinion on the game and any particular aspect of it, including others involved in the game.
- Not use inappropriate language.
Respect for the Laws of the Game and Competition RulesA player should:
- Make every effort consistent with Fair Play and the Laws of the Game to help the team performing at its highest level as a team.
- Resist any influence that might, or might be seen to, bring into question commitment to the team.
Respect towards OpponentsA player should:
- Know and abide by the Laws, rules and spirit of the game, and the competition rules for leagues, Cups and tournaments. Accept success and failure, victory and defeat, equally.
- Resist any temptation to take banned substances or use banned techniques.
Respect towards the RefereesA player should:
- Treat opponents with due respect at all times, irrespective of the result of the game.
- Safeguard the physical fitness of opponents, avoid violence and rough play, and help injured opponents.
Respect towards Team OfficialsA player should:
- Accept the decision of the Referee without protest.
- Avoid words or actions that may mislead a Referee.
- Show due respect towards Referee.
Respect of FacilitiesA player should:
- Abide by the instructions of their Coach and Team Officials, provided they do not contradict the spirit of this Code.
- Show due respect towards the Team Officials of opposing teams.
- Adhere to the policies of all facilities including: water only (no other beverage or food) on artificial turf; no pets anywhere at schools or other fields that do not allow them; no wet shoes in gyms; no parking in prohibited areas.
- Not interfere with another group’s permitted use of a facility before or after the time allocated to the NTSC team or group.
- Place disposable packaging and other garbage or recycling in containers provided, or if none are available, take them for disposal at home.