NOTE: There will not be any swim , instead there will be alternative sport or scrimmages.
The North Toronto Summer Camp will operate on a modified basis, at Eglinton Park, and start July 5.
In line with City of Toronto Day Camp protocols, camps will be divided into groups of 10 including leaders. The groups will stay together with the same leaders for the entire week, and not mix with other groups.
For the 4-5 year old campers the day will consist of a combination of free time, indoor time, soccer time and park time. Giving all children the chance to play, discover and make new friends at some of their first days at camp!
For ages 6+ the morning will consist of instructed soccer activities and games followed by the opportunity for alternative sports and games in the late morning. Every afternoon we go to the outdoor community pool for free swim, which is a great way to cool off and refresh! Update: due to covid restrictions, there will be no swimming. The kids will play alternative sports or scrimmages instead.
Click the buttons below to see more details about each group!
As per the Canadian Soccer Association's Lightning Safety/Severe Weather Policy, if lightning is seen or thunder is heard, all games, practices and soccer activities will be postponed or cancelled at the discretion of the match officials or relevant staff. In the case of Lightning and/or Thunder all players and staff must get off the field to a safe area or shelter and cannot return until 30 minutes after the last incident of thunder or lightning.
At Summer Camp and Academy we will be unable to use our clubhouse as shelter due to social distancing and capacity concerns brought on by COVID. As such the club will be watching the weather forecast closely and updating parents if any inclement weather is expected. The different scenarios to be prepared for will be:
i) In the case of Inclement Weather in the morning, before camp/academy is set to start, the camp director will update all parents if drop off will need to be delayed to let the storm pass by and have players on the field in a safe environment. Once it is deemed safe by the camp director, parents will be notified that camp can begin.
ii) In the case of Inclement Weather during the camp/academy morning before lunch, the camp director will update all parents if pickup will be necessary to avoid having players on the field during a storm. As the storm passes and it is deemed safe to return to the field parents will be updated about camp resuming if they are able to drop off players for the remainder of camp. Players that are absolutely unable to be picked up early will be brought into the clubhouse seated 2 metres apart and must wear a mask at all times.
iii) In the case of Inclement Weather in the afternoon, after lunch has passed, the camp director will update all parents if the end of day pickup will need to be moved earlier to avoid having players on the field during a storm. Players that are absolutely unable to be picked up early will be brought into the clubhouse seated 2 m apart and must wear a mask at all times. A movie may be played until they are able to be picked up.